I’ll admit, Lisa has some valid points in regards to sex as a single woman. I’ve been there, I can relate to a couple of them.
There are pro’s and con’s to the sex life of a married and a single. With my ex-husband, I went through a longer dry spell than when I was a sexually active singleton. I lost the lad and moved on. I had a few relationships before I ended up where I am now.
I’ve been married for 9 years though, this time. And quite frankly, I’m enjoying my sex life far more than when I was younger and single. It’s completely more satisfying and gratifying. For so many reasons.
Here are a few:
1. The familiarity. Knowing what works, what doesn’t and finding different variations on that theme. It’s like going on vacation, every year, to your favorite place. You never get sick of exploring the area and you get thrilled when you find a new place you hadn’t noticed before. Yeah, it’s like that. And I like that.
2. The comfort level. I need to feel comfortable and secure with my partner to truly enjoy the sex. To me, great, mind-blowing sex is more than just on a physical level. It’s being able to truly let yourself go without worrying about the judgement and guilt you may feel afterward.
3. There is no primping. I can take a shower and not worry about shaving. Ladies, are you with me on this one? Being married means being able to scratch our husband with our stubble. It doesn’t matter what kind of hair day I’m having. It doesn’t matter if I have a huge zit on my chin. It doesn’t matter if I have my period. It just doesn’t matter what you look like on any given night. Also, I save a lot of money on lingerie, matching bra and panty sets and sexy nightgowns. My husband doesn’t really care about that stuff. Which is great because neither do I.
4. With comfort comes experimentation. Toys, positions, lights on, standing, sitting…whatever. ‘Nuff said.
5. Making love vs. screwing. When you’re married or in a committed relationship, you can do both. I like that. It’s a turn on.
I remember the single lady sex and yes, it was enjoyable. I have to say though, 10 years with the same man and I’m having the ride of my life.
photo: google images