There’s a lot to be said for sex in the context of married life, but there are plenty of things to love about life as a single lady.
Here are but five in a very long list:
1. Variety is the spice of life – If you choose to have more than one sex partner, that means you get to select who appeals to you at any given moment. Whether you need a passion-filled quickie to take the edge off, or long for a sweet evening of tender lovemaking, the choice is yours on which guy to call.
2. Baggage Stays at the Door– Each new partner represents a chance to further hone your relationship skills. Your new beau doesn’t need to know you’ve had issues with self-confidence or insecurity in past. You can present yourself to him as the capable and confident woman you’re becoming, and he’ll never know you constantly fretted over your cottage cheese thighs with your last boyfriend.
3. You Always Learn Something New– Every time you take a new partner, you’ll experience sex in a different way. With luck, each new paramour will teach you something different about what you like and don’t like in the bedroom. You’ll also have a chance to explore previously uncharted territory and discover talents you didn’t know you had.
4. You Answer to No One But Yourself – Of course, you have a certain responsibility to the other person when you enter into a romantic relationship. That doesn’t mean, however, that you’re permanently betrothed to him. After all, you’re only dating — there’s no marriage license on file. If sex is an important component of your life and your current arrangement isn’t cutting it, you can cleanly end things with the person you’re with and find someone more suitable.
5. You Get Downtime Whenever You Need It – Crampy? Overtired? Don’t want to shave your legs? When you’re single, you can put your sex life on hold whenever you want and for however long you feel like it. When you’re married or in a committed relationship, you owe it to the person you’re with to sometimes compromise on having sex even if it’s not on the top of your to-do list. When you’re single, you can stop shaving or cope with your period for a week and no one’s the wiser.
So, all the Single Ladies, put your hands up…and high five one another. You’ve got the life!
Image: Francesco Rachello