Titillating Travel Does Mexico’s Desires Pearl Resort
The newest adults-only and clothing-optional resort has recently opened in Mexico’s Puerto Morelos region, less than 30 minutes from Cancun. Titillating Travel once again shed our inhibitions (and other things) and excitedly made our way to the all-inclusive Desires Pearl Resort & Spa sister property to Desires Resort which we visited last year.
We’d already been to the other hotel so we thought we knew what to expect out of Original Resorts company’s latest funspot. But we were wrong. The Pearl is a bit of a different animal. This hotel is housed in a luxury boutique property previously known as Ceiba Del Mar, and the Pearl retains its same elegance, three-stories, and 88-rooms. Each ocean-front accommodation is extra-large (most are suites, some with plunge pools!) and are quite different from the original Desires Resort, as they’ve kept Ceiba Del Mar’s style. The white-washed rooms have hand-painted Mexican tiles, and wooden shutters which truly feels like you are in Mexico and gives the place character. It also has focused on quality food with Aphrodite, an impressive Mediterranean restaurant, and Pearl’s well-rounded Mexican-Asian breakfast and lunch buffet with plenty of local favorites to sample. So you’ll neither go hungry or thirsty, thanks to the all-inclusive plan.
This is all to say Desires Pearl isn’t a complete den of iniquity which is what many first-timers imagine a clothing-optional resort to be. In fact, this may be one of the classier venues we’ve seen of its kind. Its layout could be the reason why.
Desires Pearl tends to attract a mature and affluent crowd—we’re talking mid 30s and up. Based on conversations we had with guests, the average person here was well-traveled, tended to opt for a semi-nude state of dress (that meant topless for women) and while there were certainly many well-toned torsos to see , there were body types of all sorts around and everyone seemed comfortable in their own skin from dressing up at the theme nights (we’re partial to Sinners Night!) to fun games at the disco. There were no peacocks strutting around which can be common at other resorts which cater to a younger crowd.
Desires Pearl seems to be a perfect place for newbies looking for a clothing-optional resort, thanks to its easy-going, “don’t worry” vibe. It’s a fantastic spot to throw caution to the wind and put a spark in a relationship.
Now, we’d be remiss if we didn’t say there aren’t people who opt for full nudity. The devil-may-care attitude is easily adapted, and once you don a pair of sunglasses, it becomes even easier to go with what Mother Nature gave you.
Admittedly, it only took us a few hours to let it all hang out, so to speak. But, to be fair, this isn’t our first time around the rodeo, so it does become easier each time. And every margarita (there are three bars, including a swim-up) helps as well!
Common questions Titillating Travel gets regarding clothing-optional resorts can be answered quite simply:
1. Yes, you will probably see lots of nude people. Including nude folks playing water volleyball.
2. No, you don’t have to strip to your birthday suite. It’s an option, not a rule.
3. Privacy is strictly enforced. Cell-phones and cameras aren’t allowed.
4. Yes, you’ll witness various forms of public sex acts. Gawking and judging is gauche, so choose another resort if you’re offended by any type of PDA.
5. No, you don’t have to be a swinger or participate in any activities that make you uncomfortable. Every one respects the words “no, thank you.”
6. The resort is couples only (male-female) in order to keep everyone comfortable.
7. Everyone sits on towels when they’re nude. And you must be dressed for meals. Hygiene is of utmost importance at these places.
8. No, everyone doesn’t look like the supermodels in the resort’s brochures. Far from it.
I especially say this to YouWontGoBlind readers interested in trying our Titillating Travel locations: “At the end of the day, who cares what anyone thinks? You’re adults and have the freedom to do what you want. If not now, when?
And that likelihood of you “bumping” into anyone you know? Slim to none. But when you think about it, if you’re at a sexy resort, guess what? They’re there too! ;-)
Desires Pearl is offering Book 6 get the 7th night free special at resort.
- This promo applies for ALL ROOM CATEGORIES.
- Booking window: Jul 31-Nov 30, 2012
- Travel dates: Aug 01-Nov 30, 2012
- Other restrictions may apply.
Image: Courtesy of Desire Pearl Resort & Spa Riviera Maya